Monday, August 16, 2010

April & Oliver, by Tess Callahan


Hauntingly beautiful, totally capable of fracturing not only your heart, but your soul.

Like Kelly, whom recommended this story to me, (thank-you BTW) says, this story is the type that will linger.

For me, it was a mirroring journey, seeing myself in April in such an eeringly real, and disturbing way.

From the very first word, on the very first page, my pulse sped up, and I began fighting the tell all lump in my throat for the 24 hours it took me to read April and Oliver's story.

The tears finally won, on the last page, on the very last sentence.

My one, and only complaint, is the feeling of being cheated somehow, eventhough I get what Tess Callahan was doing with this story, and the ending, I wanted to read more.. I didn't want it to end.. I needed more.

An amazing new voice, an effortless and remarkable new talent. Bravo Tess Callahan, and a sincere Thank-you. You will never know how close to home this book came for me, and the healing it somehow managed, throughout the pages.

Thank-You.

Happy Reading.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment