Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Definate 5 stars...with 5 more....

A Definate 5 stars...with 5 more....

I love Susanna Kearsley, her writing is intense, smart and almost poetic in style. The way she is able to weave the past within the present is nothing short of brilliant. Her characters are wholy loveable while remaining genuine with flaws.

This is the second book of Kearlsey's I have read, and loved it just as much (if not more) than the first.. So much so that I made quick work of ordering every book of hers in print to grace my ever growing libraries 'for keeps' shelves.

This book had me wishing, praying and hoping all while managing to keep me wondering. I thought I knew what was happening but I didn't.... Oh wait.. Yup I totally have this book pegged..... Oh? Uhm, maybe not... And then BAM!! Before you know it the ending has come and your still realing days later.

I literally had to let the full extent of the story and its affect on me work its way in to the crevaces of my wee brain before I could even attempt to articulate a review.

Ladies- No Sex... Which while getting to know these characters is a real bummer... However the story didn't need it.. Although I wouldn't have complained if there had been atleast one peek into their bedroom.. But I digress...

Amazing story.... Beautifully written....Brilliantly portrayed

No comments:

Post a Comment